Business Analyst - SAP
Job reference number 107088
Business Analyst - SAP
Rowland Hill House
- To serve as liaison between IT and business end-users, defining the business problem or opportunity. Document business requirements using best practice, ensuring they are understood and can be delivered by the development team. Conduct business process modelling and collaborate with Testers to generate applicable scenarios for testing. Analyse the impact of proposed solutions holistically, conducting research to determine if solutions to business problem currently exist within the Group.
- To identify, shape, develop and support the delivery of IT projects across the RMG Central Functions technology estate. As a Business Analyst you will work to business case standards, leveraging existing and planned enterprise solutions, and ensuring a continuous focus on the delivery of benefits. Day to day the role will involve the close management of senior level stakeholders, internal project resources and external third parties.
- Apply best practice methods to investigate, analyse and document the business in terms of business functions, processes and data
- Support the shaping, leading and delivery of major transformational business, technology and process change projects & programmes - including contributing to feasibility studies, impact assessments, RFI/RFP processes and business cases.
- Elaboration of business strategies into world class technology projects
- Shaping concepts from initial requirements through to and including business case development. Alignment of business processes with technology solutions
- Establish and maintain detailed knowledge base of central functions business operations, business processes and systems.
- Ensure that cross-functional impacts are identified, explored and understood early in the shaping process
- Ensuring projects and programmes maintain a focus on quality and benefits throughout their lifecycle, including benefits definition and realisation in line with the relevant business case
- Initiate and facilitate workshops and interventions to drive the capture of functional, technical and operational improvement opportunities, develop business requirements and assess solution options and designs.
- Defines the problem or opportunity, the business context and documents the desired future state using outcomes/ measures of success
- Qualification, quantification and prioritisation of business benefits relating to requirements for change and improved business processes, assisting in managing the product backlog, roadmap and strategy
- Manages value delivery using roadmaps to map features to programme increments
- Work with Product Owner and/or business stakeholders to prioritise features and requirements based on business value
- Lead the facilitation of engaging business workshops & interviews with stakeholders from board level to frontline staff
- Stay aware of market and industry trends to add value and innovation to the business
- Actively contribute to Royal Mail's Business Analysis community and collaborate with peers on best practice
- Identify process gaps and recommend process improvements across the business, project teams and delivery services, fostering innovative thinking
- Support scoping and estimation of efforts
Reports to: Business Solution Lead
- Proven track record in high-level business analysis, improvement initiatives, requirements management and solution design
- Broad domain knowledge within HR and / or Finance having worked on projects utilising SAP solutions
- Full project lifecycle experience, delivering transformation in central functions supported by technology
- Proven ability in driving strategy and owning roadmaps within a technology context
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, and comfortable in working closely with Senior communities.
About Royal Mail:
The Royal Mail Technology team is passionate about delivering high-quality products and outstanding digital experiences to our customers. Technology is instrumental in helping us achieve our objective to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe
With a workforce of 150,000, our core network handles c.16 billion letters and c.1 billion parcels a year, delivering to more than 29 million addresses, 6 days a week. Our technology therefore needs to operate at scale. As a data driven business, with the largest PDA estate in the country, our systems need to handle more than 60m scan events and 1.4bn data points per day.
Royal Mail is committed to building an internal development and testing capability, driving digital innovation across the business enabling our business to transform at pace. You will be working for a brand that's a household name and a critical part of the UK's infrastructure.
Our technology vision is to "Enable, Digitise, Realise":
- Enable - Create environments where open conversations are the norm and where teams work alongside each other to complement skills.
- Digitise - Utilise Technology to support the business. Making Technology thinking integral to the business. Increase the level of automation and implement connected systems.
- Realise - Invest in technology and keep taking all opportunities to consolidate systems. Focus on removing complexity within our systems and enable our cost base to decrease.
We are fully embracing Agile and DevOps, and using tools such as Alexa, Azure and Google Cloud, Chatbot, Microsoft .NET Core, Angular and mobile apps.
Our priorities include:
Our postmen/women use 80,000 Android mobile devices and we are continuing to roll out new Apps all the time to help them to deliver a first class customer service.
International business is one of our fastest growing areas - our IT systems have to integrate with IT systems in over 200 different territories in order for customers to track their parcels around the world.
Continuously expanding our services to our customers, utilising predictive analytics and personalised services.
Transforming our customer's digital journey's through our website which is in the top 50 most visited UK websites - with 300m visits per annum, from 100m devices, resulting in 1bn page views, with 9.2m registered users, 20m unique visitors per month, and peaking at 7m visits per day during the Christmas peak.We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values an
Your Reference: 746134100