A fantastic opportunity for a Transport Coordinator to join a highly successful logistics company based in Tamworth. Provide comprehensive operational administrative support for MII initiatives to deliver tangible financial savings. Ensure timely and accurate resolution of customer queries through a web based Customer Service System (CSS). Support the development of processes to execute operational activities and to support continuous improvement initiatives. Create & tender collection requirements to predefined carrier base over all modes (Road/Air/Ocean) utilising a web based system (OTM). Execution of the day to day operational tasks over all modes (Road/Air/Ocean) to support the business as usual activities ensuring a high quality.
- To provide a key operational contact for all stakeholders - customer, supplier, carrier, and operations.
- Execution of business processes in support of Control Tower operational activity (Accurate shipment booking and execution, systemised management of on-time collection and delivery).
- Working within a wider team collaborative support of continuous improvement (CI) and cost saving (MII) initiatives.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the customer and carriers to ensure all operational KPI targets are met.
- Accurate execution of day to day operational activities in an effective manner meeting required timelines.
- Operational support in achievement of contractual cost down targets (% yr1, 8% yr2 & 3 & 5% yr4).
- Negotiation and recording of spot quotations to support non contracted routings, accurate cost input to OTM system and timely resolution of FBA queries.
- Support project activities as and when required.
- Operational processing of transport insurance claims.
- Timely and complete investigation and closure of all customer queries.
- Ensure all planning activity is within parameters of customer Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Support the achievement of operational performance as defined by customer contract and KPIs.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement in routing and scheduling activities to ensure cost down targets are met.
- Demonstrate a can-do approach in support of customer working patterns and out of hours requirements to meet business needs.
- Work closely with the senior Transport Coordinator to ensure that all operational activities are completed effectively and on-time.
- Build trusted relationships with service providers, off-site colleagues and customers to drive supply chain success.
- Previous experience in a similar role is required although training will be provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. boardrm.com is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.