Due to our continued expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Team Leader to join our operational processing team. This role will be based at our state of the art distribution center in Wolverhampton.
What will I be doing?
As a Warehouse Shift Team Leader, you will report to the Fulfilment Manager and will manage an area of the operation as directed to a high operational standard, through delivery of agreed service levels and KPI targets. You will be responsible for managing the team in the work area, ensuring that the work is assigned appropriately and that the team work accurately and efficiently in accordance to performance targets as well as safety protocol. You will also be responsible for managing individual’s performance ensuring that they are reviewed, developed and receive recognition.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Working as part of the leadership team supporting the FM to deliver effective operational performance and in exceeding KPI measures.
- Managing your departmental team in all aspects of throughput and performance and monitor and control individual performance and feedback.
- Taking ownership of break management and ensure all individual adhere to the agree allocation.
- Driving high standards to ensure that company fulfilment targets are met
- Taking responsibility for resolving any inefficiencies within the operation that could lead to SLAs not being achieved
- Working with other team leaders and departmental managers to allocate resources appropriately to relieve work pressures where required
- Ensuring that work is being assigned effectively by the shift coordinators
- Managing attendance process, including return to work interviews, sickness absence meetings, welfare meetings, OH referrals etc ensuring full compliance with HR guidelines
- Managing colleague behaviour and, where appropriate, undertake coaching, disciplinary investigations and disciplinary hearings when required
- Undertaking colleague performance reviews in a constructive and productive way ensuring that colleagues understand performance targets and expectations and have improvement plans in place where required
- Identifying, supporting and develop team members who wish to progress to leadership roles
- Conducting team briefings to keep colleagues informed of performance targets and expectations
- Driving continuous improvement across the site by using MBWA (Management by Walking Around) and 5s
- Ensuring that the highest health and safety standards are adhered to and any incidents or accidents are investigated and any reporting requirements completed and improvement actions carried out
- Setting the next shift up for success by ensuring that there is an accurate handover in place.
- Encouraging high levels of accuracy and attention to detail within your team to ensure stock level accuracy is not adversely affected
- Professionally and adeptly liaise with other departments both onsite and in head office to support joint working and continuous improvement
- To support the FM in delivering business change and be involved fully where appropriate.
- The ability to step up to FM role during holiday periods or unplanned absence
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 1 year + experience in a team leader role (or higher)
- 3 years + experience working in an operations environment
- Intermediate knowledge of excel with experience in using excel for reporting
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated forward planning skills and the ability to proactively manage your own time and the time of your team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. boardrm.com is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.